The more indebted we feel, the more motivated we are to eliminate the debt. Pre-giving makes us feel like we have to return the favor. Greenburg said this feeling of discomfort is created because the favor threatens our independence. An interesting report from the Disabled American Veterans Organization revealed that their usual 18 percent donation response rate nearly doubled when the mailing included a small, free gift.
The Law of Obligation also presents itself in the following situations:
* Taking a potential client out to dinner or to play golf
* Offering free tire rotation or fluid fill-up between services
* Someone washing your car windows at a stoplight whether you want them to or not
* Generating money at “free” car washes by asking for a donation after the service is rendered
* A carpet cleaner offering to clean your couch for free
A film-developing company thrived on the Law of Obligation. They would send a roll of film in the mail along with a letter explaining that the film was a free gift. The letter then outlined how the recipient should return the film to their company to be processed. Even though a number...
To view and download this full PLR article, you must be logged in. Registration is completely free. Once you create your account, you will be able to browse, search & downlod from our PLR articles database of over "1,57,897+" on 1,000's of niches and 200+ categories without paying a penny. Click here to signup...