It is not enough to get people to visit your website. The most important things are to make them stay and visit again the next time they log on to the internet, and to inform other people of the existence of your website. Here are some helpful tips you should consider when designing your website in order to make visitors come back for more:
1. Your home or opening page should contain a clear explanation of what your site is all about. No one wants to waste time clicking on links and going through pages of text just to discover what your intentions are.
2. Your site must be easily navigable. A site menu at the top, bottom, or side of each page is very helpful especially for a first time visitor, especially if your site has lots of pages.
3. Your sites content is its heart, so make sure that it has substance. The content is you talking to the visitor, so you should be concerned about making a good impression.
4. Your links should be clearly labeled. If a link leads to a guestbook, a Guestbook name for such link is direct and straight to the point.
5. Dark text on light background is best for reading. Black text on white background is the...