6 easy ways to find a good dog training professional
Finding a good dog training professional
With so many people advertising in the field of professional dog training today, trying to determine who’s truly qualified to look after your dog can be overwhelming. What to look for when choosing a professional to help you with dog training :
1) A good reputation, ask around and get recommendations from your vet, other dog owners, or local kennel clubs.
2) Experience. – Inquire about their background, i.e. number of years experience.
3)A genuine love of and devotion to dogs.
4) Extensive and up to date knowledge. Dedicated trainers keep themselves updated by attending dog training and animal behaviour courses, conferences, seminars and workshops.
5) Their training methodology and handling skills. A good trainers first concern should be the dogs well being.
6) Memberships with reputable associations, organizations and training clubs.
General dog obedience tips
Training should be a positive and enjoyable experience for both you and your dog. If you are not in the right mood for training, dont even begin....