The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that Americans drive an average of 29 miles each day, and spend almost 60 minutes a day in their cars. With the price of gas at the pumps skyrocketing, it just makes sense to do everything you can to save your hard-earned money. It doesnt seem like gas prices will return to normal any time soon. You need all the ammunition you can get to fight back; here are 7 tips to help.
1. Some credit cards are offering great gas savings. It works the same way that frequent flyer miles do- you get a bonus every time you fill up. Youre going to fill up anyway, so take advantage of the bonus!
2. Join the club. Gas stations are starting to offer great, money saving membership programs. Some grocery and department stores are also giving huge discounts at the gas pump when you use their store card. Its worth checking into.
3. Regular tune-ups and oil changes will save you gas in the long run.
4. Check out gas prices on the internet. There are websites that will let you find the best deals on gas in your area, without having to drive around looking for them.
5. If you are in the market for a new car, check out the...