While there is no foolproof method of eluding thieves, the information below may help reduce the possibility of your becoming a victim:
1. Before leaving the house, think about ways to protect yourself. Think about where you want to carry your money, credit cards and identification. Dont take valuable jewelry and watches with you. Separate valuables – dont put all your money in one place.
2. Reduce the possibility of becoming a victim by securing valuables in a waist belt or pouch covered by a shirt sweater or coat. NEVER FLASH MONEY AROUND.
3. Dont make it easy for the thief – dont carry large amounts of money in easily accessible jacket pockets or purses. Dont use a wallet. Use your front pants pockets and inside shirt pockets for your money and other valuables. Placing valuables in a purse around your neck or shoulder and secured inside a shirt sweater or jacket is a useful habit to get into. Waist packs are better than purses or handbags, but they should also be hidden under a shirt or coat.
4. Never advertise your intention to spend a large amount of money.
5. Avoid shopping alone. Awareness of your surroundings and...