Googles AdSense is a fascinating revenue-sharing opportunity for small, medium and large web sites. Some webmasters are designing brand new sites specifically for serving AdSense text ads. (Its against the AdSense rules to design a site purely for AdSense, so youll want to include a few affiliate Affiliate links or sell your own product, too.)
Lets say you have a goal of earning $100,000 a year from AdSense. Is that possible? Lets see $100,000 divided by 365 = $274 a day. So your goal is to produce either:
* 274 pages which earn $1 a day or
* 548 pages which earn 50 cents a day or
* 1096 pages which earn 25 cents a day
The following are hypothetical cases. To earn $1 a day per page, you need, per page
* 400 visitors, 5% click-through rate (CTR CTR) and average 5c payout.
* Or 200 visitors, 10% CTR and an average 5c payout.
* Or 100 visitors, 10% CTR, and an average 10c payout.
* Or 100 visitors, 5% CTR, and an average 20c payout
Lets assume you choose a goal somewhere around the middle, say aiming for 50 visitors per page and want 274 pages earning $1 a day. Youd need 274 x 50 =...