Scientists now know that its usually more dangerous to not stay active, no matter how old you are. And you dont need to buy special clothes or belong to a gym to become more physical.
Most people dont get enough physical activity. Here are some reasons why they should:
* Lack of physical activity and not eating the right foods, taken together, are the second greatest inherent cause of death in the United States. (Smoking is the number one cause.)
* Physical exercise can help people feel right and enjoy life more.
* Regular exercise can halt or put off some diseases like cancer, heart disease, or diabetes. It can also perk up your mood can be a direct result along with helping depression.
* Being active can help people stay independent and able to keep doing things like getting around or dressing themselves as they get older.
There are four types of physical activies you need to do to have the right assortment of physical activities.
1. Get at least 30 minutes of activity that makes you breathe harder on most or all days of the week. Thats called endurance activity, because it builds your energy or staying power. You dont have to...