1. Almond: The use of almond, after its oil has been extracted, is considered beneficial in the treatment of diabetes. It does not contain any starch.
2. Banana: Bananas are believed to the useful in controlling diabetes. According to the Journal of American Medical Association, Banana and Skimmed milk furnish a simple and effective method for weight reduction in treating diabetic patients. Unripe bananas, cooked as a vegetable, are considered especially valuable in this disease.
3. Buttermilk: The use of the buttermilk has been found beneficial in the treatment of diabetes. Lactic Acid contained in it stimulates the secretion of the pancreas and thereby helps control blood sugar levels.
4. Flour: Certain whole grain cereals also help to lower blood sugar in diabetes. A mixture of certain flours made from cereals, grains, legumes, and pulses are especially beneficial. One such mixture can be prepared by combining the flour of soyabean, black gram, jowar, bajra, Bengal gram, wheat bran and barley. This mixed flour can be used for preparing chapattis.
5. Legumes: Lentils and other legumes are considered valuable in diabetes. According to American...