It can seem a daunting task, the thought of shopping for the right electric mobility scooter and then actually paying for it. After all, were talking about an electrical vehicle designed to carry somewhere around 300 pounds, able to go up to 10 miles per hour. But, the fact of the matter is, if youre eliglble and qualified, Medicare may help pay for some or all of the cost of your electric mobility scooter.
Generally, to qualify, you must require a scooter to get around your home. Inside and out. Secondly, to qualify, youll need to be unable to operate a manual wheelchair. Lastly, youll need a doctors recommendation can you say, doctors note!
Before you go electric mobility scooter shopping, be sure to talk with your doctor as to whether he or she feels youll eligible to receive Medicare aid for your purchase. Its very possible Medicare could cover up to 80% of the cost of your scooter. If you have an HMO, you may be pleased to find out that they can possibly cover the remaining 20% of the cost.
When pricing electric mobility scooters, youll find that while expensive, they may actually cost less than your washer or dryer! As many of them start at...