Each year, out of all the vehicles bought in the U.S., 41 million are used cars compared to only 16 million new car purchases.
Since purchasing a car is the next financial investment made by US citizen other than housing, it is important to determine if buying a used car is worth your money.
1) CONS – Here is a list of the disadvantages of used-car buying:
* The options of cars are limited, so the search for the right vehicle could be lengthy.
* The buyers have no idea if the car was treated. Used cars usually have worn consumables such as hoses, tires, shocks, filters, fans and clutch.
* Although used car dealers provide a warranty, it is only limited to a couple of months unlike purchasing a new car with full warranty. Certain maintenance on your purchased second-hand car could be more expensive.
* Purchasing a second-hand vehicle would offer you a lower trade-in value.
* The main disadvantage of purchasing old cars is that it has an unknown quantity. Whether the dealer has worked the vehicle to make it attractive for the test drive, the buyers are still unaware of the repair bills, economical issues, and its reliable...