What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the term used to describe the process of enhancing a website to increase the likelihood it will be ranked in the top results of a search engine whenever a relevant keyword search is performed.
Why is SEO important?
Websites that rank on the first one or two pages for a search term receive a lot of traffic thousands of visitors per day – which in turn, can be successfully monetized in a number of different ways. A website that can get and maintain a top position for a very popular search term is in a powerful position because of the audience they command. On the other hand, websites with a very low ranking have little traffic and little chance of making money.
What does SEO involve?
There are a number of factors involved in optimizing a website:
* Content needs to be good quality and regularly updated
* The site needs to use and focus on the search terms that the target audience employs to search for related information.
* Site needs to be structured well and have a site map.
* Each page needs to have a good hierarchy and layout.
* The HTML meta-tags (such as H1...