Just about everybody loves cheese. Loaded with calcium and protein, the “real thing” makes so many dishes more appealing, and mellow, nutty, smooth-melting Norwegian Jarlsberg-America’s most popular specialty cheese-is particularly versatile, a family favorite.
Made from part-skim milk, it’s naturally low in calories, sodium and fat-newer Jarlsberg Lite, also great for snacking and cooking, has 50 percent less fat than regular Swiss.
Try this super simple Asparagus Rolls recipe-a surefire party idea. Here are a few other easy, creative, absolutely delicious uses for either classic Jarlsberg or Jarlsberg Lite.
• Roll cheese slices around fresh fruits or raw vegetables.
• Add cubes to salads and pastas-warm or cool.
• Shred on vegetables and into sauces.
• Enhance stuffings for meat, poultry or fish.
• Enrich egg dishes.
• Shred into mashed or “smashed” potatoes.
• Grill with peppers, squash, potatoes.
• Top burgers-beef, turkey or salmon.
• Make hors d’oeuvres, wraps and sandwiches galore.