Also known as Bow fishing, this is a sport wherein a fisherman uses archery equipment to fish.
A regular hunting bow can be used for fishing by simply attaching a reel to the front of the bow grip.
Archery fishing is especially favored by regular hunters when regular game like deer are off season. This way they can continuously hone their skills for whatever season it may be.
Before engaging in archery fishing, one must first take into consideration the following:
1. A fisherman must be duly licensed. Some states require that an individual have a state license to fish.
2. Equipment. Most states have a predetermined set of approved equipment for archery fishing.
3. Archery Safety Course. Still, some states require that an individual go through an approved safety course for archery fishing to ensure that the individual is well versed with the proper safety precautions and information regarding applicable laws in fishing.
4. Seasons. Bow fishing in some states can only be done in certain seasons. This is to allow the fish to spawn.
5. Species of fish. Some states have rules forbidding archery fishing for some species of...