Windows XP Home Edition does not support IIS
1. You may need to put your Windows XP Pro CD into the PC.
2. Go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components. In the Windows Components window, place a check mark
beside Internet Information Services (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. During installation, Windows creates a directory at C:inetpubwwwroot and places a few files there. You can view the home page of your
web browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the actual name of your computer) into the
address bar of any web browser. If you havent placed any files in C:inetpubwwwroot, you should see some basic IIS information in the web
browser at this address.
4. Your web server is now working. The console for IIS is located in Control Panel > Administration Tools (if you use Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance if not).
The next steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To add a new virtual directory, open the IIS management console (step 4), click the plus signs on the left until you see...