Eventhough the concept of outsourcing has been around for years, its implementation often incorrect and misled.
Outsourcing is NOT about having jobs done by other parties.
Outsourcing is about having the best talent and resource to do some tasks, so you can concentrate on more strategic ones.
The distinction is obvious. Your strategic tasks is the most important things you need them to be done to grow your business. You do not want to be distracted by other repetitive tasks you can outsource to third parties. However, if you select those parties carelessly, you may jeopardize your business entirely. On the other hand, if you put your outsourced tasks on the hand of the best expert you can find, you may even increase your productivity.
If you have no experience in outsourcing, you can follow these steps:
1. Determine which task is strategic and which one is not.
2. Outsource non strategic tasks.
3. Do your research to find third parties with the best talents and resources.
4. Don’t be cheapy. You always get what you pay for.
5. Do some testing and observe the outsource results. If you find those third parties are...